Quotes from Past Guests of Family Promise - Salt Lake
- "Before Family Promise, I didn't know whether I was coming or going. Family Promise has made a big difference in my life, made me more responsible, more independent, and happier. It made me look forward to my future."
- "Family Promise was a great experience. It taught us that there are good people out there that care about you no matter what your situation is. It also taught us that you are not alone in this world."
- "We had never before experienced homelessness and we felt desperate, alone and scared. The Family Promise volunteers made us feel very welcomed, safe, and reassured us that everything was going to be okay."
- "I prayed and prayed for help, and He answered my prayers and led me to Family Promise."
- "I was almost due to give birth and I had nothing for my baby or myself and one of the churches threw me a baby shower, I was so surprised and overwhelmed. People really cared! I felt so blessed."
- "After I moved into my new apartment, Family Promise wanted to match me with a Mentor, explaining that the person would be like a family friend. I was so grateful because at that time in my life, I really needed a friend."
- "My son and I were sick, I was eight months pregnant, I had nothing and had no where to go. Before Family Promise I considered adoption for my unborn son because I had no other options. Today, I am living on my own, working and enrolled in school, and my two boys and I are doing well."
- "This program has more to offer than shelter and food. At every church that we have been at, we have become close to at least one person who has helped or touched us on a very personal level. I'm not exaggerating when I say that some of those people will be friends for life. I know it."
- "No matter what I do or where I go in the future, I'll never forget about Family Promise. It was such a blessing for my son and I. If it weren't for Family Promise, we wouldn't be where we are today."
- "We had no family when we came to Utah. Family Promise was our family. When we were in the program, my son was happy, he felt warmth and love. Now he knows he always has somewhere to come where people love him."
- "Every time something good happens to us, I make sure I go back to Family Promise and let everyone know because I feel like they are a part of it all. They helped get us where we are."